Do you care deeply about the environment? Do you want to play your part in saving our planet? Then you will probably have to rethink your day-to-day behaviour. You need to think about your lifestyle and how you live. Do you think about fuel efficiency, non-polluting, and eco-friendly transport? How can you make your mode of transport more environmentally friendly? Have you thought about buying or switching to a hybrid car? They not just make a statement that I care but are compact and fuel efficient.
Here are some things to think about that may persuade you to buy a hybrid car.
1. Hybrid cars are made of lightweight materials and they are generally small in size. The engine of a hydrid car is designed to be fuel efficient. When the car stops at a stop sign, the engine will automatically shut down and then restart when you are on the move again.
2. Hybrid cars are powered by a gasoline engine and an electric motor that runs the acceleration.
3. The batteries of the electric motor are recharged automatically by harnessing the kinetic energy produced during braking.
4. Hybrid car engines produce less emissions, which is obviously beneficial for the environment.
5. The design is aerodynamic and therefore reduces drag and the tires are made of a special rubber that will reduce friction.
6. The battery is made of nickel-metal-hydride and has a high capacity. The battery can run the hybrid when needed.
7. The power-train technology that is used allows the use of two power sources which enhances the fuel efficiency.
8. There are a lot of choices of car model. You could choose a Honda, Ford, Toyota, GMC or a Chevrolet.
9. There are tax breaks on using a hydrid car in certain countries.
10. If you drive a hybrid car you are actively contributing to cleaner air and saving fuel.
Also when you drive around going about your daily business don’t rush but glide instead of accelerating and you could save as much as 10 cents a gallon. Checking and maintaining tire pressures will also help lengthen the life of the tires which in turn will help you save fuel by as much as 10%.
Before you make the decision make sure you do your research. Weigh up the pros and cons, talk to manufacturers and owners. Make sure you test drive different types of hybrid cars so you can find one that fits in with your lifesytle. Some hybrid cars are great for urban driving but others maybe better on the open road.
Good luck with your research and happing driving while being kind to the environment.
Articles you may also like:
Discover preventative maintenance ideas for every season, inside and out.