We live in a world of high energy prices and increased attention to global warming. How can we all do our bit to save energy which will save money and help our planet at the same time.
Here are simple things you can do that will make a difference:
1. When purchasing new appliances look for ones that are energy efficient.
2. Use energy-efficient lightbulbs.
3. Making sure your heating and cooling systems in your home run efficiently. Get them checked and serviced regularly. You will save money in the long term.
4. Make sure your home is sealed effectively for water damage and heat or cool air escaping.
5. Encourage your family and friends to be as energy efficient as they can be.
The average household can be responsible for nearly twice the greenhouse gas emissions as the average car. Simple and small changes save energy and money, improving our wealth and our environment.
Other articles you may also like:
Discover preventative maintenance ideas for every season, inside and out.